MILLENNIUM PEOPLE RECRUITMENT
Hospitality | Commercial | Multilingual
Management Suite Charlestown Centre Dublin 11 Ireland
Tel: +353 1 5313419 Mob: +353 872749796
Email: email@example.com Web: www.mpeople.ie
Job Title: HR Manager
Purpose of Job: To manage the Human Resource function of the hotel, effectively and in line with the Mission Statement and Key Passions of the hotel. To manage the insurance function in line with requirements. To work with the management team to ensure the effective management and progression of the hotel.
Responsible to: General Manager / Group HR Manager
Location: North Dublin City
- To reflect and enhance the Mission Statement and Key Passions of the hotel.
- To manage the Human Resource functions in line with the agreed procedures and to improve and develop these procedures where appropriate.
- To develop the image of the hotel as a good employer, striving to achieve a place on the list of ‘Best Companies to Work For’ on an annual basis.
- To have overall responsibility to achieve the EFQM Optimus Award for the hotel.
- To plan recruitment needs for the business in advance and to recruit to meet those needs and to the employee establishment agreed with the General Manager.
- To develop the remuneration strategy for the hotel, with the General Manger and the Financial Controller.
- To ensure the Terms & Conditions of employment are up to date and agreed with all new employees.
- To be familiar with Human Resource activities in the industry and to ensure that the hotel is up to date in its policies and procedures.
- To be familiar with all existing and forthcoming employment legislation and to ensure that the Hotel is operating within this legislation.
- To manage the administration of employee files and to ensure that an efficient administration and filing system is in operation in the department.
- To manage the Appraisal System within the hotel, ensuring the agreed procedure is adhered to
- To operate a system of Career Planning for employees, where appropriate.
- To manage and monitor the Grievance and Disciplinary procedures, according to the agreed standard.
- To work with the management team to ensure good morale amongst the team at all times.
- To co-ordinate the Management Trainee Programme according to the agreed procedure and to ensure that all work experience programmes are well managed, for the benefit of both the trainee and the hotel.
- To liaise with schools and colleges, in order to promote the image of the hotel and the hotel industry and to ensure a supply of employees from these sources.
- To liaise with all relevant outside bodies, including IBEC, Fáilte Ireland, Fas, Recruitment Agencies.
- To encourage & support employees to enter trade related competitions, both for the benefit of the development of the employee and for the image of the hotel as an employer.
- To play a key role in the implementation of wage control.
- To ensure the agreed uniform standards are achieved throughout the hotel.
- To assist the General Manager in ensuring the success of the Team Committee / QIT Meetings and to ensure a regular programme of Team Events is in place.
- To assist the General Manager in ensuring the success of the Health & Safety Meetings.
- To plan the training needs of the business in liaison with the management team and to co-ordinate the execution of this plan.
- To ensure that appropriate plans are in place for training at a departmental level and to monitor the effectiveness of this training.
- To develop Trainers from within the hotel and to monitor the activities of these trainers.
- To manage the training budget.
- To hold regular training meetings, to ensure training is carried out as planned and to support the managers and trainers in their training activities.
- To ensure that Game Plan Manuals are up to date and in use within each department.
- To carry out Duty Management shifts as required.
- To support other areas of the hotel as required.
- To contribute to the business plan of the hotel. As required.
- To ensure all incidents and accidents are reported to the insurance brokers and that all relevant backup is provided. To maintain accident and incident files to the required standard.
- To administer the Mystery Visitor system and ensure that the management team act on the results.
- To attend training as required
- To attend meetings as required.
- To have overall responsibility for ensuring the achievement of, maintaining and driving the Best Practice system.
- To promote a best companies culture within the hotel.
- To carry out any other reasonable request by the General Manager.
For Further information call Michael or Tony at 01 5313419 Or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com