MILLENNIUM PEOPLE RECRUITMENT
Hospitality | Commercial | Multilingual
Management Suite Charlestown Centre Dublin 11 Ireland
Tel: +353 1 5313419 Mob: +353 872749796
Job Title: Junior Sous Chef
Purpose of Job: To ensure the smooth running of all kitchen areas. To assist in menu development and in maintaining high standards with regard to food.
Responsible to: Executive Head Chef / Executive Sous Chef
Responsible for: All kitchen staff
Working Liaison: All food & beverage staff
Location: North Dublin City
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Head Chef and General Manager in ensuring the effective and efficient management and delivery of the food operations. This restaurant is committed to achieving the highest standards in all areas of its operation and the Sous Chef has a key role to play in ensuring that the quality of food and catering meets these standards
- To reflect and enhance the hotel’s mission statement and objectives in all activities.
- To control all kitchen areas and staff canteen in the absence of the Executive Head Chef and Executive Sous Chef .
- To take responsibility for the smooth running of the outlet allocated, ensuring that the highest food standards are maintained.
- To take responsibility for the training of junior chefs and stewards.
- To assist the Executive Head Chef with new menu development, cook-offs, costing, amending the game plan and implementing new menus.
- To liaise with department managers with regard to functions, promotions and menus.
- To train junior staff with regard to recipes, presentation skills and cooking skills.
- To be familiar with and adhere to all areas outlined in the team handbook.
- To wear all protective clothing provided and to use all safety equipment provided.
- To wear the uniform provided to the standard given in the game plan manual.
- To minimise wastage and breakages in all outlets.
- To ensure that any maintenance or health hazard is reported and fixed and that all staff are aware of it.
- To have full knowledge of all menus in all of the hotel outlets.
- To ensure that all fridges are cleaned and tidied on a daily basis.
- To ensure the covering and date stamping of all food items.
- To ensure that all fridges and kitchen areas are locked at the end of the shift.
- To ensure that kitchen stewards complete cleaning schedules and maintaining hygiene of the highest standard.
- To ensure that all sections of HACCP are introduced and maintained.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- To hold and record training sessions for other staff.
- To ensure hot and cold foods are served at the correct temperatures
- To ensure that all mise en place stock levels are maintained.
- To be fully familiar with fire and emergency procedures for all kitchen areas and to ensure that other team members are trained with regard to same.
- To ensure that fire doors, corridors and stairwells are free from obstruction.
- To report punctually on duty, wearing the correct uniform.
- To ensure that Valhalla is clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure that the food served in Valhalla is of a high standard.
- To attend management meetings as required
- To help develop a team spirit amongst the kitchen staff.
- To carry out any other reasonable request from a member of the management team.