MILLENNIUM PEOPLE RECRUITMENT
Hospitality | Commercial | Multilingual
Management Suite Charlestown Centre Dublin 11 Ireland
Tel: +353 1 5313419 Mob: +353 872749796
Job Title: Credit Controller / Income Auditor
Purpose of Job: The Accounts Receivable/Income Auditor facilitate payment of all money due by promptly preparing invoices and processing incoming checks in accordance with hotel accounting and financial controls, and within the policies and procedures as outlined in hotel and corporate policies and guidelines, and the hotel’s business plan..
Responsible to: Financial Controller
1. PAY ALL MONEY PROMPTLY, PREPARE INVOICES AND PROCESS INCOMING
2. Ensures transfers from guest ledger to city ledger are accurate and done in a timely fashion
3. Performs timely mailing of statements to guests with recent activity in the hotel
4. attaching pertinent back-up
5. Attaches copies of folios, food and beverage guest checks, and miscellaneous vouchers if necessary
6. Posts payments received to aging and reconciles these payments to open invoices
7. Balances accounts receivable system to the general ledger on a routine basis
8. Balances and adjusts all house accounts weekly
9. Researches declined bank cards and other credit card charge backs for justification and validity
10. Makes all necessary adjustments or credits
11. Assists in the preparation of month end reconciliation and in the final monthly
closing of the accounts receivable system
12. Prepares reports as requested to develop a more informative database for
13. improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities
14. Prepares all appropriate period closing reports and entries
15. Checks the daily Postings from all revenue centre to ensure all contracted revenues are entered in to the system.
16. Checks all Invoices received for items that have been cross-charged to ensure the hotel has received the money for them
17. Pays all deposits for Accounts that arrive through the Bank and keeps the register
18. Reconciles Balance Sheet Statement on a monthly basis.
19. Responsible for the update of the No Shows revenue register on a weekly basis
20. Responsible on checking all the daily revenue of the hotel; Rooms, F & B Department, and Other Revenue.
21. Responsible on assisting the Financial Controller for the month end closing, making sure that all other aspects in reference to closing the books are all in place.
22. Responsible on all records in reference to refunds are in place and file on a secured manner.
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
- Follows all applicable laws relating to general accounting practices and tax regulations.
- Complies fully with the set financial reporting deadlines and guidelines, as outlined in ECOMAN and by the Financial Controller
HEALTH AND SAFETY
23. Maintains high confidentiality
24. Reports any suspicious behaviour of employees to the Financial Controller and Security
25. Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately
26. Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
27. Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
28. Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations
29. Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct
30. Ensures that self is familiar with in-house facilities to assist guests and promote sales
31. Informs and updates the Financial Controller on problems and unusual matters
32. Attends meetings and training required by the Financial Controller
33. Assists colleagues when needed
34. Ensures guest satisfaction by performing duties such as attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and promptly
35. Accepts flexible working schedule when necessary for the hotel’s uninterrupted service
36. To always be updated on:
– Hotel facilities and special promotions
– Marketing promotions
– Laws relating to own field of responsibility
– Union agreements
37. Stays abreast of current and new industry technology relating to function
38. Performs required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to
achieve the overall objective of the position
39. Maintains a favourable working relationship with employees and colleagues to promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate
40. Projects a favorable image of Hotels & Resorts to the public
41. This list does not cover any future change in the hotel service standards and work practice.