MILLENNIUM PEOPLE RECRUITMENT
Hospitality | Commercial | Multilingual
Management Suite Charlestown Centre Dublin 11 Ireland
Tel: +353 1 5313419 Mob: +353 872749796
Job Title: Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager
Purpose of Job: To Assist the Conference & Banqueting Operations Manager in the effective management of Conference and Banqueting Operations, operating to appropriate standards, ensuring guest satisfaction and the necessary controls to provide the required probability. To assist in the management of other food and beverage operations in the hotel as necessary.
Responsible to: Banqueting Manager, Events & Operations Manager, Food and Beverage manager.
Responsible for: Conference and Banqueting Operations Team
Working Liaison: All food & beverage staff
Location: Dublin City North
- To anticipate guests needs whenever possible to enhance quality service and in turn enhance guest satisfaction
- To assist in achieving Hotel and Departmental goals in relation to mystery audits and customer comment index
- To assist guests at all times.
- To become fully aware of 100% guest satisfaction and to implement agreed practices at all times
- To report on all guest feedback.
- To reflect and enhance the hotels mission statement and objectives in all activities.
- To assist in maintaining the Hotel Quality system in line with Optimus Best Practice to ensure we always offer guests consistently high standards of quality throughout the Hotel
- To ensure appropriate quality standards are documented and adhered to at all times and regularly reviewed to take into account changing customer requirements.
- To assist in achieving annual awards and goals we set out to achieve
- To ensure all departmental checklists are completed.
- To wear agreed uniform and to maintain uniform according to the agreed standard.
- To ensure that the highest possible standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct is maintained at all times
- To carry out departmental standards in accordance with the Game Plan Manual
- To ensure the upkeep and maintenance of area of responsibility i.e. equipment, furniture and fittings ensuring an effective preventative maintenance system and schedule in operation.
- To deliver departmental service promise, service recovery and to carry out agreed practices to ensure guests receive 100% satisfaction.
- To attend statutory training and other training as required
- To attend other training sessions as per the departmental training plan or as when required by management.
- To assist as much as reasonable in the coaching and training of new staff.
- To assist the C&B Manager to manage the development of the conference & banqueting operations team ensuring they have a good knowledge of food, wines, coffee etc and that they are able to passionately describe and make informed suggestions to guests.
- To accept flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to Hotel guests.
- To provide support where necessary in other areas of the hotel taking on the role of duty manager where necessary
- To ensure a high level of security throughout the department and the hotel through constant monitoring and taking appropriate preventative action.
- To ensure all accident and incidents are reported to the relevant people and to assist in providing all relevant backup.
- To maintain own working area tidy and in good shape. To report defective materials and equipment to appropriate individual
- To hold daily team briefings in the department to ensure effective communication.
- To attend team meetings as required
- To assist the Conference and Banqueting Manager in the running of the monthly communications meetings.
- To assist in positively promoting sales within the department and maximize every sales opportunity to ensure that sales targets are met.
- To assist in controlling departmental costs within the standards set by the departmental manager.
- To assist in stock control measures implemented, in order to achieve budgeted profit margins
- To ensure security of cash, stock and equipment
- To adhere to the agreed purchasing procedures.
- To ensure all appropriate PR opportunities are identified and brought to the attention of the Sales and Marketing Manager.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested by management.
- To give full cooperation to any colleague or guest requiring assistance in a prompt caring, helpful manner and to be flexible in assisting around the Hotel in response to business and client needs
- To ensure the effective and appropriate supervision of the conference and banqueting operations at all times.
- To establish the conference and banqueting operations in the local community as a conference and banqueting operations of consistent quality in keeping with the theme of the product.
- To ensure the conference & banqueting operations is atmospheric at all times.
- To carry out all the Banqueting duties to the standards as laid down in the standard of performance manuals.
- To ensure all guests queries are handled promptly and efficiently
- To ensure all guest requests are met i.e. VIP’s, Regulars, and Group Attendees & Special Requirements.
- To maximize in revenue, through up selling and additional sales, efficient recording of sales.
- To create a guest profile for all groups and/or individuals and update through the OPERA system
- To follow up promptly on any guest request and ensure guest satisfaction is achieved
- To process all charges for groups and individuals efficiently
- To maximize seating capacity with out compromising standards
- To be aware of relevant competitor information and market changes to suggest and support changes to our services / rates as appropriate
- To ensure all staff are familiar with safe keeping, cash handling, credit policy of the hotel
- To assist in the compilation and achievement of the Conference and F&B budget
- To constantly liaise with other departments to ensure all guest requests are attended to efficiently
- To be fully aware of any menu updates, hotel promotions, corporate promotions or special activities going on in the hotel/area
- To organize and assist with carrying out any reasonable guest and staff promotional events when required
- To ensure we have a good working relationship with the support companies or groups
- To be knowledgeable and informed about the introduction of products and make sure this is done in accordance to standards i.e. Beverage & Wine lists and Presentation Products & Props
- To ensure that all standards are met at all times
- To adhere to all Human Resources Management procedures and develop these as required.
- To assist the C&B Operations Manager in forecasting wages on a weekly basis and to ensure that they remain in line with budgeted wage percentage and to take appropriate action where forecast is above budget.
- Where necessary to draw up rosters on a weekly basis in line with business needs and to complete TMS each week for the department
- To control the use of linen and to ensure no abuse of same.
- To log and maintain all checklists and information for maintenance standards and checklists relevant to your department.
- To promote good team relations in the department ensuring fairness and consistency in all dealings with team members.
- To have a close working relationship with the head chef.
- To cover the holidays of the Conference & Banqueting Operations Manager.