MILLENNIUM PEOPLE RECRUITMENT
Hospitality | Commercial | Multilingual
Management Suite Charlestown Centre Dublin 11 Ireland
Tel: +353 1 5313419 Mob: +353 872749796
Email: email@example.com Web: www.mpeople.ie
Job Title: Front Office Supervisor
Purpose of Job: To welcome all guests to the hotel, and answer any queries before, during and after the guest’s stayed to maximise sales throughout the hotel. Under the general guidelines of the Departmental Manager, ensure the day-to-day operations are carried out in line with department and Hotel standards. To provide 100% quality service to guests at all times. To carry out duties in accordance with statutory, health and safety requirements
Responsible to: Front Office Manager / Reservations Manager
Responsible for: Receptionists, Trainee Managers and Telephonists
Location: Dublin City North
- To ensure all guests receive a genuine, warm, friendly, courteous welcome on arrival and during their stay
- To anticipate guests needs whenever possible to enhance quality service and in turn enhance guest satisfaction
- To handle guest queries and provide them with the requested information.
- To assist in achieving Hotel and Departmental goals in relation to mystery audits, customer comment cards, quality evaluation and Combined Quality Index
- To assist guests at all times.
- To answer and transfer calls to the agreed standard.
- To become fully aware of 100% guest satisfaction and to implement agreed practices at all times
- To use initiative in relation to the speedy resolution of guests queries or problems
- To report on all guest feedback to the Departmental Manager.
- To ensure that all information related to group arrivals are known to all team members.
- To ensure that all messages and faxes are delivered to guests bedroom
- To assist guests with any requests that they may have. This involves going that “Extra Mile” to ensure guest satisfaction
- To reflect and enhance the Hotels mission statement and objectives in all activities
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the Hotel Quality system, to ensure we always offer guests consistently high standards of quality throughout the Hotel
- To assist in achieving annual awards and goals we set out to achieve
- To ensure all departmental checklists are completed and checked by supervisor before going of duty
- To assist in improving results of customer services indices where necessary
- To carry out departmental standards in accordance with the Game Plan Manual
- To ensure the Hotel standards are achieved at all times
- To assist in ensuring that standards are maintained
- To wear agreed uniform and to maintain uniform according to the agreed standard.
- To ensure that the highest possible standard of personal hygiene, dress, appearance, body language and conduct is maintained at all time
- To deliver departmental service promise, service recovery and to carry out agreed practices to ensure guests receive 100% satisfaction.
- To attend all statutory training
- To attend other training sessions as per the departmental training plan or as when required by management.
- To assist as much as reasonable in the coaching and training of new staff
- To accept flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to Hotel guests.
- To provide support where necessary in other areas of the Hotel
- To give full cooperation to any colleague or guest requiring assistance in a prompt caring, helpful manner and to be flexible in assisting around the Hotel in response to business and client needs
- To ensure all accident, incidents and suspicious occurrences are reported to the relevant people and to assist in providing all relevant backup.
- To maintain own working area tidy and in good shape. To report defective materials and equipment to appropriate individual
- To work with the management team to ensure good morale is maintained within the team at all times
- To show respect for other team members
- To assist the departmental manager in identifying any problem areas and to assist in the resolutions of same
- To motivate the Front Office team to work efficiently and effectively
- To maintain good liaisons and communications with management and all other departments
- To regularly attend monthly departmental meetings
- To offer any suggestions or ideas for improvement to head of department once a month
- To attend any other meeting as necessary
- To assist in positively promoting sales within the department and maximize every sales opportunity.
- To assist in controlling departmental costs within the standards set by the departmental manager.
- To assist in stock control measures implemented, in order to achieve budgeted profit margins
- To ensure security of cash, stock and equipment and to carry out all agreed departmental/Hotel procedures
- To pass on any referred/sales leads to the sales department, to assist in sales as required
- To be aware of Hotel promotions or special activities going on in the Hotel/area
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested by management
- To carry out duties to the standards as laid down in the standard of performance manuals.
- To ensure all guests queries are handled promptly and efficiently.
- To ensure all guest requests are met regarding room allocation i.e. VIP’s, traces etc
- To ensure that we collect daily quota of tech cards from guests.
- To make follow up calls to guests after check-in to ensure guest satisfaction
- To comply with the hotel policy in relation to cash handling and the billing/credit policy of the hotel.
- To constantly liaise with the housekeeping department to ensure all guest requests are attended to
- To participate in the up-sell program to move guests into, suites and higher rated rooms.
- Answer telephones, transfer calls, take messages in line with the standard as set out.
- Act as a back up to the porter’s team by assisting customers with any requests or information that they require.
- To ensure that your work area is always maintained in a clean and organised manner.
- To ensure that a proper handover is given from the shift to shift.
- Manage the AM/PM shifts in the front office making sure that all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate the front office activities with other departments.
- To attend the daily briefing as required,
- To act as a manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Implement and manage all standards relating to areas supervised.
- To monitor activities of all employees in the front office making sure they adhere to the guidelines set in the Gameplan Manuals, employee handbook and hotel policies and procedures.
- To assist in training and documenting all employees.
- To book out guests if required ensuring that the situation is handled in line with the agreed procedure and all follow up is undertaken.
- To ensure that we maximize occupancy and rate through the managing of the shift on a day-to-day basis.
- To promote a professional service orientated environment at all times.
- To ensure that all registration cards and backup are stored in a neat, organised and structured manner to allow for quick access at a future date.
- To assist the Front Office Manager and Deputy in implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the front office.
- To control all PM accounts that are open. It is the shift leaders responsibility to ensure that all bills are invoiced out in a timely manner with all backup attached.
For Further information call Michael or Tony at 01 5313419 Or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com