Catering Operations Manager- Galway
At Millennium People Recruitment our client have an excellent opportunity for Catering Operations Manager in their Galway Site.
We are seeking a leader with excellent experience in management.
The successful candidates will be tasked with supporting the operation management of client site of their hospitality multi-site operations and high-level communication with all key stakeholders. Ideal candidate will have relevant soft services management experience within busy large volume Hospitality/Hotel or associated regulated industries.
Our Client have an exceptional opportunity for a talented Operations Manager to join the successful team on our client site based in Galway. The successful candidate will support General Manager in this multi site Operations. We are looking for a strong candidate who is keen to develop their commercial and retail skills within a progressive food services environment.
You will manage a team of direct reports and this role will involve overseeing all in-house Food Service activities. You will fully support the Operations Manager in meeting financial and operational targets, you will be focused on business development and innovation, planning, people management and ensure that all business objectives are met as per company requirements for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of the units and on-site catering team.
- Drive revenue across the food offer in both concessions.
- To monitor the monthly trading account to ensure that the budgeted gross and net profits are achieved.
- To review all financial returns and ensure they are returned to Head Office at the appropriate timelines.
- Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure excellence-e.g. Q&S, HR, Finance, Supply Chain etc.
- To maintain good communications and working relationships with your client, stakeholder, and all staff.
- Proactively review operational performance to ensure the achievement of all business and financial targets.
- To manage recruitment, training and development of management of team on site.
- To attend operations/management meetings.
- Focus on attention to detail and a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Benchmarking against relevant businesses & Identify further business opportunities.
- Complete annual performance reviews to ensure targets are met.
- Promote a professional image of us at all times.
- To cover the unit managers leave and act as overall manager as required.
Candidates must possess:
- Degree in Catering/Hotel management or 5 years management experience at the appropriate level.
- Prior experience in retail catering is preferred.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer service.
- Prior experience of managing a team of 120+ people.
- Multisite management experience in Catering in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with flexibility and the ability to innovate.
- Experience of P&L management with excellent financial and commercial acumen.
- Ability to present and report on relevant business information.
- A high degree of knowledge in relation to food hygiene regulations and legislative requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate improvement of contract performance.
Apply by sending your cv to Eileen Langan Rizvi in Strict Confidence