MILLENNIUM PEOPLE RECRUITMENT
Hospitality | Commercial | Multilingual
Management Suite Charlestown Centre Dublin 11 Ireland
Tel: +353 1 5313419 Mob: +353 872749796
Email: email@example.com Web: www.mpeople.ie
Job Title: Kitchen Manager
Purpose of Job: Responsible for the daily operation of the kitchen and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. Kitchen Managers ensure that all recipes, food preparation and presentations meet business’ specifications and commitment to quality. Maintains a safe orderly and sanitized kitchen.
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Location: Dublin City Centre
- Ability to develop profitable, seasonal and creative menus suitable for retail shops – soups, sandwiches, salads, hot pots, etc. Develop office catering menu, Help build on the premium reputation of our company through a fresh food offering, Work to strict deadlines, Excellent communication skills (English essential), Staff management – to include ROTA building, managing labour costs, etc, Documented food costing’s / margin controls, Fully computer literate, Stock and waste management, S&P’s for overall kitchen management (records, health and safety, hygiene, etc), On-going menu development, HACCP, allergens, etc. Strong baking element, Aware of global F&B trends and ability to interpret and implement for the discerning consumer.
- Budgeting and Ordering – To oversee kitchen labour and food cost to budgetary requirements. To keep control of costs. To place food and supply orders as required. To receive products by verifying invoice and freshness of merchandise. To return items that do not meet the Restaurants standards
- Staffing – Work with the agreed staffing levels for the Restaurant. Any demand for increased staffing levels should be submitted to the Restaurant Manager with supporting evidence. Hire and train kitchen staff to company standards. Provide on-the-job training where necessary. Manage staffing levels throughout shift. Lead and motivate staff within the kitchen. Prepare roster hours each fortnight for payroll purposes. Participate in the observations, feedback, training recommendations and disciplinary action for direct reports. To update employee files quarterly.
- Comply with Policies/Procedures – Maintain familiarity and comply with all Restaurant policies and procedures. Comply with all safety regulations in accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and maintain a hazard free environment. Report all incidents and accidents involving self, staff or customers to Management. Complete Accident Forms, when necessary. Deal with complaints following policies on complaints, incidents accidents and reporting to the Restaurant Manager in accordance with guidelines. Contribute to the formation and implementation of Restaurants policies and procedures. Initiate and develop new ideas and methods within the Restaurant and encourage staff participation.
- General – To maintain a good relationship with all external bodies and meet all regulatory and statutory requirements. To act on other directions given in relation to the Restaurant in a prompt and effective manner. To carry out all tasks, assessments and investigations outlined in the company’s policies and procedures and to maintain a full awareness of those procedures and all amendments and updates thereto.
For Further information call Michael or Tony at 01 5313419 Or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com